Industry-leading Organizations Demonstrate How SumTotal Solutions Create Value, Address Today’s Business Challenges
Orlando, Fla. – April 19, 2013 – SumTotal Systems, LLC, the only human resources solution provider that helps organizations discover, develop and unleash the hidden potential within their workforce, honored seven customers with Innovation Awards at its annual TotalConnection customer event last week in Orlando. The awards program recognizes customers who have created outstanding value and addressed a variety of business challenges in their organizations using SumTotal’s products and services.
This year’s award recipients included an impressive field, which judges narrowed to 20 finalists across 3 main categories:
- Best Launch to Organization highlighted imaginative ways customers launched SumTotal solutions to their organizations.
- Best Business Solution focused on specific business problems that customers faced and how SumTotal’s solutions helped them achieve results.
- Best Overall Use of Product (by product line) demonstrated customer success achieved by extensive use of the functional aspects of SumTotal solutions to support business needs.
Organizations receiving 2013 SumTotal Innovation Awards included:
- McAfee for Best Launch to an Organization: McAfee, a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corporation and the world’s largest dedicated security company, won for its creative deployment of the SumTotal Learn: Enterprise solution for its annual sales kick-off meeting.
- Univar for Best Business Solution: Univar, a world leader in the distribution of chemistry and related products and services, earned recognition for its migration to the SumTotal Learn: Maestro solution, which dramatically reduced their time to develop training materials and to train employees. It also eliminated the need to travel for training.
- Praxair for Best Use of Talent Solution and Best Overall Use of SumTotal’s Talent Expansion Platform: Praxair is the largest industrial and medical gases company in North and South America with about 27,000 employees in 30 countries. The company is achieving impressive results using SumTotal Talent, Learn and Workforce Analytics solutions to provide a holistic view of employees and using the power of the elixHR Platform™ to link its disparate HR systems.
- Duke Energy for Best Use of Learning Solution: Duke Energy is the largest electric power holding company in the U.S., supplying and delivering energy to approximately 7.2 million customers. It is also one of the largest nuclear utilities in the U.S. The company won for its extensive deployment of the SumTotal Learn: Enterprise solution, which included interfacing with 14 supporting systems due to the complexities of its compliance and certification process.
- Lowes for Best Use of Expense Solution: Lowes is the second-largest home improvement retailer worldwide. The company replaced its paper-based system with SumTotal Work: Expense Management for more than 250,000 users.
- City of Boise for Best Use of Workforce Solution: The City of Boise took this category for its impressive deployment of SumTotal Work: Time & Attendance to 1,900 employees, 13 departments and two collective bargaining units. The city dramatically reduced errors, processing time and costs.
“This year’s winners provide clear examples of continuous excellence-in-action,” said Holly Rollo, SumTotal chief marketing officer. “By innovating and executing programs that focus on empowering employees to be the best they can be, these organizations clearly understand that people are their primary differentiator and most valuable competitive advantage.”
Photos of the 2013 SumTotal Innovation Award winners are available on SumTotal’s Facebook page.
For more information about SumTotal:
- Check out SumTotal’s elixHR and Talent Expansion videos
- Download complimentary copies of The Forrester Wave™: Talent Management, Q1 2013 and Bersin by Deloitte’s LMS Industry report
- Follow us on Twitter @sumtotalsystems and Like us on Facebook
About SumTotal Systems
SumTotal Systems, LLC, the largest independent provider of integrated human resources (HR) solutions, is increasing the performance of some of the world’s most successful organizations, including AstraZeneca (NYSE: AZN[ADR]; London: AZN), Amway (KUL: AMWAY), and Seagate (NYSE: STX). The only HR solution provider to deliver Talent Expansion, a whole new approach to discovering, developing and unleashing hidden potential within our customers’ workforce, SumTotal delivers employee enablement solutions that help organizations become great places to work. SumTotal’s people-focused applications, available on premise and in the Cloud, enable contextual, just-in-time development designed to advance employees’ skills and knowledge. Today, more than 3,500 organizations, including several of Fortune’s “Best Places to Work,” rely on SumTotal’s on premise and cloud-based Talent Expansion applications to enable an empower their employees. Visit us at www.sumtotalsystems.com.
SumTotal, the SumTotal logo, Talent Expansion and elixHR, are registered trademarks or trademarks of SumTotal Systems, LLC, and/or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Senior Director, Corporate Communications
+1 (703) 622-3605