New release brings content aggregation, crowdsourced content, career development and mobile innovation
ORLANDO, Fla. – April 16, 2019 – SumTotal Systems, a global leader in Talent Development solutions, today announced enhancements across its Learning and Talent suite in order to drive business outcomes around continuous onboarding and learning, upskilling/reskilling and lifecycle career development. The enhancements enrich the employee experience by providing universal content support and aggregation, superior career and employee development functionality, a state-of-the-art mobile platform and additional business-centric capabilities on extended enterprise. A significant portion of the new features included in the release were developed directly from customer input through the SumTotal Design Partner Program.
With historic labor demand, a strong economy and a generational shift, more individuals are retiring than entering the workforce, resulting in talent development’s continued growth in strategic importance for organizational success. Now more than ever, leadership must prepare their people for an agile workplace where they need to learn new skills continually, work in different capacities and shift focus rapidly. Updates to the SumTotal suite put learning at the heart of talent and career development, enabling organizations and their employees to work faster, smarter and with greater agility.
SumTotal has expanded its continually growing network of content aggregation partners, adding LinkedIn Learning with this release. SumTotal is content agnostic, and this open content strategy ensures all organizations will achieve their business outcomes, regardless of the content sources they decide to leverage. This release also augments the product extensibility capabilities by introducing the SumTotal REST-based integration framework allowing customers and partners to easily integrate SumTotal with their internal HR and business systems as well as extend the functionality of the SumTotal Suite.
“As part of the diligence we did with respect to our new strategy, we did extensive market research, consulted countless analysts, reviewed global trends and solicited client feedback. As a result, we have determined that, for most organizations, Learning and Talent Management are no longer separate business processes,” said Apratim Purakayastha, CTO, SumTotal. “This release delivers comprehensive, unified, learning and talent functionality that allows an organization to engage, support and advance employees throughout every stage of their careers.”
By consulting with customers at various stages of the product development lifecycle, SumTotal has brought to life hundreds of features that were ideated, driven and developed in collaboration with its customers. The most notable customer-driven enhancements include lifecycle career development, the ability to curate and share content, and the capability to leverage smartphone captured video in observation checklists and content authoring.
Key enhancements to the SumTotal suite include:
- Talent Development
- Agile career mobility: Employees can create personalized development plans, with or without milestones, that can have multiple goal periods and an interactive progress bar, facilitating more agile career advancement and mobility within their organization.
- Personalized onboarding: Additional enhancements ease onboarding, providing new hires with a personalized dashboard and visibility into tasks completed to accelerate time to productivity.
- Redesigned succession planning visualization: Administrators and leaders can easily compare, rate, print and export talent pools in both traditional performance vs. potential 9-box grids as hundreds of additional comparison possibilities using the new n-box technology.
- Universal Content Support
- Content aggregation: The addition of LinkedIn Learning to the growing library of content aggregation partners combined with the ability for customers to categorize content by customer-defined modalities furthers SumTotal’s leadership in content aggregation.
- Crowdsourced knowledge: Employee-generated and crowdsourced content functionality enables learners to seamlessly share knowledge with peers.
- Content curation and sharing: The ability to easily share content both on an ad-hoc basis as well as via end-user created playlists.
- Mobile Optimization
- Mobile-only users: Key enhancements ensure that users have a full, seamless experience delivered entirely through the mobile app. Updates simplify setup for first-time use while users can fully personalize the experience from a mobile phone without ever logging into the desktop application.
- Mobile app: SumTotal Mobile App enhancements enable all users, regardless of mobile device type (e.g., iPhone, Android, Surface, laptop, tablets) to quickly and easily access the Learning Management, Talent Management, Talent Acquisition and Workforce Management suites from a single app.
- Recruiting: Mobile recruiting functionality improvements include AI-powered interview scheduling, enhanced mobile career site theming and self-service transparency that allows candidates to view their job applications.
- Hourly workers: Workforce Management functionality in the SumTotal Mobile App now enables hourly employees and managers to punch in and out, receive messages, view clock data and approve workflows directly from a mobile device.
- Seamless Extended Enterprise Capabilities
- Extended Enterprise: SumTotal’s solution provides an end-to-end, single-entry solution with complete e-commerce support to ease how customers and partners can deliver learning to their learning ecosystem.
“The importance of retaining and advancing talent in today’s business environment cannot be overstated,” said Lisa Rowan, Research Vice President, HR, Talent and Learning Strategies, IDC. “People development must be a core foundation of business strategy for organizations to remain innovative, agile and profitable. SumTotal continues to develop innovative functionality across its product suite to seamlessly enable organizations to build an agile workforce with a deeply ingrained culture of learning to support people development as a business priority.
- To learn more about SumTotal’s suite, visit sumtotalsystems.com
- Read a blog post on “SumTotal’s Latest Release 19.0 – New Customer-Centric Design”
- Read SumTotal’s “Talent Agility in an Emerging Workforce” white paper and watch the webinar
About SumTotal Systems
SumTotal Systems provides a unified, comprehensive and flexible Talent Development suite spanning the entire employee lifecycle. The award-winning solution for attracting, retaining, developing and engaging today’s multi-generational workforce is grouped into four HR Suites – Talent Acquisition, Learning Management, Talent Management and Workforce Management – all on a common platform.
SumTotal is forged on decades of experience providing learning and talent solutions to companies of all sizes, in all industries including, airlines, financial services, healthcare, manufacturing and pharmaceuticals. The company’s beautiful technology provides a gateway to all content libraries, including seamlessly integrated access to the largest corporate learning library from Skillsoft. SumTotal also supports content aggregation leveraging the latest standards, including xAPI and CMI5. Learn more at www.sumtotalsystems.com.