Industry Experts Highlight New Strategies for Using Integrated HR Solutions to Drive Efficient Operations
Gainesville, Fla.– July 7, 2014 – SumTotal® Systems, LLC, the largest independent provider of learning and HR solutions, will host two thought leader panels this month focused on aligning workforce management strategies with learning programs.
Workforce management solutions traditionally focus on retrospective analysis of scheduling effectiveness, time and attendance and cost management. However, workforce management is quickly becoming the lynchpin in successfully maintaining compliance. Being able to engage, plan, educate and measure the effectiveness of compliance initiatives is one of the most complex challenges facing HR and operation teams today.
- Almost 90% of organizations have to comply with two or more regulatory requirements.
- About half of businesses lack confidence that they will be able to keep up with constantly changing human resources (HR) laws and regulations
- Organizations with effective integration of learning and talent systems are three times as likely to have strong employee results and 100% more likely to have strong business results.
“With today’s constantly changing business needs and increasingly complicated labor regulations, organizations must think of learning and development as a core function of workforce management. In planning the efficacy and compliance of their workforce, companies no longer have the luxury of viewing skills and knowledge as a constant. To optimize the workforce, we must create an environment of engagement and continuous development that addresses not only today’s needs, but ensures that the workforce is prepared for what comes next,” said Ted Frederick, SumTotal’s vice president of workforce management. “Implementing a cohesive set of workforce and learning management solutions can help companies avoid operational inefficiencies, ensure compliant activity, maximize productivity, and ultimately improve their bottom line.”
Register today to learn how your organization can increase competitive its advantage and minimize compliance risks by linking workforce management strategies with learning initiatives.
Workforce Management and Learning — The Power of Growing Talent Instead of Buying It
Presenter: Kris Dunn, founder of the industry-leading blogs “The HR Capitalist” and “Fistful of Talent.”
July 9: 2 PM EDT, 1 PM CDT, 12 PM PDT
- Learn how to extract real value from your learning organization
- Understand the most efficient way to keep employees productive in an ever-changing world
- Discuss a road map for how to operationalize learning strategies and link it to changing business needs
Time is Money: How Much is Your HR Department Worth?
Presenters: Laurie Reuettimann, industry veteran and HR consultant; Ted Frederick, SumTotal vice president of workforce management
July 17: 11 AM EDT, 10 AM CDT, 8 AM PDT
- Workforce Management Defined: How management theories and software solutions align to meet the real world needs of today’s organizations
- Talent Alignment and Mobility: How to create an environment of active engagement and continuous improvement for employees?
- Thinking Strategically: The potential benefits of a WFM software to plan and monitor recruiting efforts, increase productivity, train your workforce, and improve time and attendance tracking
Follow @SumTotalSystems and keep up with the conversation using the event hashtag: #STWebinar. Visit www.sumtotalsystems.com and check out the SumTotal Blog for more learning and talent management tips and perspectives.
About SumTotal Systems
SumTotal Systems, LLC, the largest independent provider of integrated HR solutions, is increasing the performance of some of the world’s most successful organizations, including AstraZeneca (NYSE: AZN[ADR]; London: AZN), Amway (KUL: AMWAY), and Seagate (NYSE: STX). The only HR solution provider to deliver Talent Expansion, a whole new approach to discovering, developing and unleashing hidden potential within our customers’ workforce, SumTotal delivers employee enablement solutions that help organizations become great places to work. SumTotal’s people-focused applications, available on premise and in the Cloud, enable contextual, just-in-time development designed to advance employees’ skills and knowledge. Today, more than 3,500 organizations, including several of Fortune’s “Best Places to Work,” rely on SumTotal’s on premise and cloud-based Talent Expansion applications to enable their employees.
+1 (970) 379-9363
 InformationWeek’s Regulatory Compliance Survey. Sept. 24, 2012.
 Bersin by Deloitte. Pillars for Performance: Integrating Learning and Talent Management. To purchase the report, visit http://www.bersin.com/practice/Detail.aspx?id=14842&s=Talent-Mgmt.-Systems