SumTotal Talent Expansion™ Workforce Solutions
Workforce delivers the industry’s only fully inclusive workforce management solution. Workforce is truly integrated: Enterprise-Class Time & Attendance, Scheduling, Accrual, Leave and Absence Management, plus Occurrence Tracking are all core to the application. This non-modular model was specifically designed to reduce errors and double entry, increase productivity and improve efficiency.
Time & Attendance
Standardize and automate 100 percent of your pay, work, union, and accrual rules across all of your locations. Designed specifically to support the complex requirements of small to medium-size businesses as well as enterprise-class organizations, Time & Attendance can significantly improve efficiency and simplify time management activities for all of the members of your workforce.
- Ensure employees are properly paid based on legislative, company, and union policies
- Empower employees and managers with access to real-time information and self-service access for web clock, accruals, and schedules
- Improve efficiency and lower costs as you reduce administrative overhead, total cost of ownership, and payroll file errors with end-to-end process automation
- Respond quickly to changing business conditions with a flexible and scalable solution that integrates with various time clocks and data-capture devices
Connect qualified employees to the jobs that demand their skills at the most appropriate times with Scheduling. A single, integrated employee record shows managers all relevant information while scheduling employees. They can dynamically adjust schedules and match the employee skills needed to each schedule. It’s easy to improve productivity, track employee availability, and fine-tune schedules at the task level.
- Lower costs with employee self-service absence scheduling
- Get a complete picture as you fully integrate employee schedules, absences, and time data
- Improve efficiency with mass updates for temporary and permanent schedule changes
- Integrate certifications, skills, and competencies within scheduling views to get the right people on the job at the right time
- Ensure compliance with all work, leave, and pay rules when determining the right person for the job
Absence & Leave Management
Absence & Leave Management lets you improve the administration of your overall employee leave programs and proactively manage employee absenteeism. You can automate business rules surrounding employee accruals and complex leave requirements.
- Reduce complexity with automation that ensures compliance with accrual policies and calculation of accrual amounts, deposits, withdrawals, grants, usage, and balances, as well as the ability to forecast future availability
- Get a complete picture as you track deviations from planned attendance, like late arrivals, early departures, or unexpected absences
- Manage disciplinary actions such as verbal and written warnings, last-chance agreements, suspensions, and terminations
- Improve compliance as you stay on top of the complex requirements of the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
A mobile application built on HTML 5 that provides anytime, anywhere access. This technology platform removes the need to standardize on a single mobile operating system, allowing organizations to support the trend to Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) to work.
Data Collection Devices
SumTotal offers a variety of data collection devices for capture of time & attendance data:
- Impulse Terminal: Our most advanced data collection device offers flexibility along with a functionally rich user experience to enhance and simplify data collection requirements. The Impulse Terminal delivers all of the modern communication methods from a traditional Ethernet cabled environment to Wi-Fi and GPRS support. It also includes audible and visual bilingual support in English, Spanish, and French.
- Blue Line System: This fully scalable, integrated time-collection and access-control system from Stanley Security Solutions provides an effective solution for single sites and can expand across multiple locations. Logical networks of Blue Line systems on diverse sites can combine to provide multiple-source data to a single point. Solid-state memory eliminates the need for mechanical storage, and its power-management design offers reliable service in case of power outages.
- Maximus Terminal: This time-and-data collection terminal from Accu-Time Systems features rugged aluminum construction for the most demanding environments. The biometric finger scan improves security and eliminates buddy-punching and time theft.
- Interactive Voice Response (IVR) System: This phone-based time collection system is a solution for employees who do not have access to other time-capture devices. It’s specifically designed for time-and-labor data collection and is pre-integrated with many time & attendance/workforce management software products.